Saturday, January 10, 2009

"Seismic Shifts Occurring"


The video showed me the reality about learning and teaching. Being a teacher, I feel guilty that I am one among the “76% teachers who never used wikis, blogs”. Dr. Burgos, my professor, has introduced the blog and delicious websites. I agree that teachers (including me) need to continuously learn and shift the teaching strategies to what these “digital -21st century learners “demanding to be able to think and engage technology in order for them to graduate and land to better jobs.

I have realized that students spend more time watching television, playing games, listening to their iPods than reading books. They are very much comfortable using technology and the “www – whatever, whenever, wherever” websites. I conclude that being a teacher is a challenging profession but rewarding if we update ourselves.

1 comment:

  1. I think you have summed up our profession perfectly, challenging but rewarding!

    BTW I love your slideshow!

    Dr. Burgos

    ReplyDelete